Comment on page
- level: upper-intermediate
- type: content class
Participating in meetings and teleconferences are one of the most difficult things to do in a foreign language. Do you find it hard to follow the conversation in a teleconference? Are you hesitant to speak up in a meeting because you are not exactly sure if your opinion is relevant and/or correct? Are you afraid to take the lead or host a meeting or teleconference?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this is the perfect course for you! This training will give you the skills and confidence to better participate in meetings and teleconferences!
In this practical course, you will learn how to listen with purpose, how to ask clarifying questions, how to encourage others to share their opinions and/or ideas, and most importantly how to be an active participant in meetings.
Material will be provided for each class with a focus on how to make you not just a participant in a teleconference, but how to be a leader on the call who gets noticed. You will also learn the skills needed to be the host of a teleconference.
Materials will be provided for each class with a focus on how to be an important participant in any meeting situation. Each class will begin with a short warm up focusing on small talk skills followed by the introduction of various business related topics that will then be discussed. Giving you the opportunity to have you voice heard in a real world meeting type situation.
In this class you will learn:
- How to use the 5 minutes before a meeting starts to engage in small talk conversations
- How to offer your opinion, suggest your ideas, and provide your solutions in a way that will get you noticed for all the right reasons
- How to agree with others and piggyback on their ideas to create allies
- How to disagree in a polite way that will not create enemies
- How to persuade others and convince them to support your positions
- Correct grammar, word choice, and idiom usage as well as pronunciation