Comment on page
Big Ideas In Psychology
sample lesson plan/ level: upper-intermediate
- level: upper-intermediate
- type: content class
In this class we will discuss some important ideas in psychology. We will focus on topics and questions that should be relevant and useful to everyone and that stimulate interesting discussions.
The topics for this course are:
- 1.Happiness and wellbeing - How do we define and measure happiness? How can we improve our wellbeing?
- 2.Personality - What is your personality? Where does it come from? Can it be changed?
- 3.Persuasion - How do you convince someone they're wrong? How are our decisions influenced by others?
- 4.Intelligence - What is intelligence/IQ? How important is it? Can it be increased? What is emotional intelligence?
Each class will be accompanied by an online article (pre-reading will be helpful but not essential). We will discuss the main ideas from each article and whether we agree or disagree with them. I will teach you about relevant psychological studies in the area, and we'll talk about how the ideas discussed relate to current news and events.
Current ideas in psychology, critical thinking, confidence in discussion and sharing opinions, vocabulary, reading skills